We set up this blog over the last couple of days and will start adding to it nearer to our departure on or around the 5th November. I say ‘around’ since, with a cargo boat, the date of sailing may be delayed depending on weather, itinerary and so on. Indeed, our original departure date of on or around 25th October was quite recently revised when the updated sailing schedules were published a week ago.
We have put up our tent – last used at Le Mans 24 hour race in 2011 – and will spend at least a night in it with new sleeping bags, mats and Jetboil stove to make sure everything’s (hopefully) up to scratch. So, this will probably be our home for much of the trip, weather permitting. It’s a Vango Sigma 300+ with room for three and porches both ends: